UX Lead opportunity within our User Experience team at Yell. As a UX Lead you will report to our Head of User Experience and will lead or facilitate project work within the UX function of the team. Our UX a team acts as a critical bridge between our product and engineering teams. Our aim is to propose and validate compelling experiences for both our consumers and business owners and satisfy business goals through a combination of design and research activities. We are assisted by a number of digital specialists in the wider team: Product owners, Developers, Designers, SEO experts and Copywriters.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating compelling experiences which satisfy user goals. They will be comfortable engaging in both design and research with experience across a broad range of UCD methodologies.
- Leading major project work across our entire portfolio: Yell.com, business.yell.com, our business portals, new concepts and partnered products provided by start-ups.
- Leading and executing UX design and research projects in collaboration with the wider business.
- Ability to communicate the core principle of your design thinking through documentation, remote calls, presentations or workshops.
- Utilising Lean UX and User Centered Design methodologies. We feel that user research is critical to producing simple, usable experiences.
- Coaching and supporting more Junior members of the UX team.
- Experienced User Experience Designer, Interaction designer or similar.
- A demonstrable experience of working on major projects, planning activities and reporting back to stakeholders through 'show and tell' presentations.
- Experience and knowledge of affordances and constraints across a broad range of device platforms including mobile/tablet/desktop web, Android and iOS.
- Ability to plan and execute on project activities (e.g. workshops, journey mapping, prototypes) working in collaboration with product owners and developers.
- An extensive experience of producing sketches, wireframing, user flows, UI mockups and prototypes.
- An extensive experience of user research methodologies including remote or lab based testing
- Confident using design tools, ideally Sketch 3 and InVision.
For over 50 years Yell has specialised in helping small and medium sized businesses find and connect with customers. Our products include mobile optimised websites, Yell.com for Android™, iPhone™, Apple Watch™ and Search & Display advertising.
The company values; Knowledge, Relationships, Integrity, Passion & Results really matter and how we work is just as important as what we do. We are also proud to have been recognised as one of the UK's best companies to work for in 2016 and 2017 according to Glassdoor.
In order to be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in the UK and hold a valid work visa if applicable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79130904