Corporate Accountant (AR)
An very good opportunity for a AAT Qualified or active studier, QBE to be based near Westerham.
A successful and growing organisation based near Westerham (North Kent) are expanding their Finance team due to consistent growth.
You will be managing the Sales Ledger side of accounting for the business but also have scope to get involve in the following areas as soon as you can.
- Assist with the annual budget cycle to allow for bottom up budgeting and timely budget approval.
- Assist with cash management, including pro-active debt collection and allocation of debtors' payments, bank, balance sheet reconciliations and direct debit collections.
- Assist to ensure financial systems are fit for purpose, that they maintain integrity and that hardware and back-ups are in place.
- As needed, report against budgets and forecasts and provide explanations and analysis of results.
- Undertake or help to manage routine tax, VAT and other related issues as required.
- Assist with external audits, preparing audit file information and dealing with audit requests.
- Work with the team to guarantee timely submission of results / forecasts for all reporting deadlines, including Board papers.
- Play a key role in maintaining and have knowledge of contractual arrangements (including supplier contracts) from a finance and accounting perspective, including for the company's tenants and leases.
- Have an awareness of the company's insurance policies and Help to maintain close financial controls over budgets and the processes by which they are drawn up.
- Assist to financially manage any significant community events or projects and allow for timely and accurate reporting;
- Work to provide consistently high standards and continually look to improve practices and systems, including contributing to business continuity planning, as the business changes.
- Promote the accounting 'team' and help to develop the team where ever possible.
- Be flexible to cover the delivery of accounting services and promote strong communication within the team.
- Ensure the company's authority matrix is understood and treated as mandatory throughout the company.
- Maintain an efficient and well-maintained filing and admin system backed-up with necessary evidence (hard or soft copy).
- Produce and maintain an appropriate level of accounting information and process documentation to insure against key person loss and assist any new persons joining the team.
- Promote a flexible team environment where staff are willing and able to cover each other's absences.
- Assist in performing regular reconciliations and implementing techniques to maximise cash in and minimise debtor days and bad debts.
- Have good knowledge of the company's procurement systems including accounting, controls and processes and that standards are maintained.
- Very likely a have experience of Managing Sales Ledger with experience of working with appropriate accounting controls, business processes, cash flows and accounting and reporting;
- Some knowledge of UK GAAP accounting rules as they apply to AR;
- Knowledge of computerised accounting systems and how accounts receivable, cash management, reconciliations and general ledger function accounts work;
- Intermediate / strong capability with Microsoft Excel and Word and general ability to use I.T. systems.
- A person that will lead by example and expects balance in their employment contract;
- Consistent and strong attention to detail, consistent application of process and the ability and the understanding to adhere to accounting practices, timetables and deadlines without exception;
- Ability to think and prioritise and focus on results / output, taking personal accountability;
- Shows discretion, flexibility and a conscientious approach, consistently displays
- commitment to team and pride in doing a good job, serving both internal and external customers.
A competitive salary and benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79135653