E-Commerce Manager: Privately owned company specialising in professional equipment looking to grow by 50% in the next five years.
The E- Commerce manager will be central to this growth by increasing online revenues.
- Manage multiple brand websites
- Online Acquisitions
- SEO & PPC
A typical day will involve
- With a number of branded websites that operate across European markets (i.e 4 different brands in up to 7 languages) the challenge of growing revenues is incredibly exciting.
- You won’t need to speak other languages but you will need to be an expert in transactional websites and understand why customers purchase, what obstacles on the site stop them purchasing (such as abandoned baskets or competitive pricing elsewhere) and make recommendations to improve conversion.
- With a remit that covers driving traffic to the site and converting customers into sales, you’ll be able to show how you’ve used a platform such as Magento or Shopify to generate income. Similarly, if the company needs enhanced functionality to drive sales, you’ll make the decision about which platform is the best offering.
- On a daily basis, as well as analysing results you’ll look at aspects like product positioning on the site, whether algorithms of product recommendations for the customer drive revenue and you’ll link in with off line marketing activity to provide value added material like customer magazines and tips about hobbies that could convert viewers into purchasers.
- Whilst you don’t need to be an adwords or search specialist, you do need to consider how the site should be optimised and how content will enhance visibility on search terms. The company has internal development and external support you won’t be left to deliver this alone.
- Your key peers internally will be responsible for product selections and pricing but you’ll need to give them guidance on whether price is impacting sales. Similarly, when the company decides to launch new products for their manufacturers you’ll be consulted on online revenue before launch.
- Working with a wider team to manage end-to-end digital marketing campaign.
- Recruitment and management of the day to day activities of the Digital Marketing Executive in relation to e-commerce and additional tasks. Contributing to the company’s growth strategy is what this job is all about.
Why you’ll love this job
Having spent time with the Managing Director and Marketing Director, they have been open about sharing their desire to grow the business extensively and how ecommerce is central to this.
They are realistic about the challenges they have experienced within ecommerce, are committed to investment but ultimately need an individual who can guide them on what’s needed from a resource perspective, budgets and technology.
If you’re able to execute as well as think strategically, then you’ll have a genuine chance to join the leadership team of the company which comes with an enhanced benefits package.
To be successful
Experience with E-Commerce management and strategy. You will be able to work with multi brand web sites and ensure project time scales are met with pre agreed KPIs. You will monitor and adjust these accordingly. You will be technical and hands on and have a good knowledge of all aspects of E-Commerce. Experience of increasing sales and revenue. We will welcome anyone from any E-Commerce background. Knowledge of international trading will be desirable.
2nd City Resourcing Ltd promotes marketing and digital opportunities for everyone, irrespective of status, gender, age, race, disability.