M&E Commissioning Engineer
An M&E Commissioning Engineer is required for a 6 - 8 Month Contract on a prominent high end residential development in the West End of London.
Working for the MEP subcontractor, the Commissioning Engineer will liaise between the external commissioning consultancy and on-site contracting companies to manage the testing and witnessing programme for the full MEP packages.
There are elements of management in this role, however the priority is to secure a technical Commissioning Engineer who can trouble shoot any issues with getting all systems working effectively.
As a Commissioning Engineer you will:
- Communicate all necessary information including contract conditions, specifications, drawings, work instructions and company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and motivate the project team, including training / development and maintaining good industrial relations throughout.
- Establish a productive and harmonious working relationship with the Client.
- Ensure the efficient production of the engineering through to installation information in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other statutory regulations and the client's safety, quality and programme requirements. Ensure the efficient operation of BBMP test and inspection policies and procedures, aid and assist in producing accurate and current reports.
- Ensure the safe and efficient execution of installation, testing and commissioning in accordance with the agreed installation methodology to programme requirements and in accordance with company policies and procedures. Contribute to the progress and productivity reports weekly and monthly in accordance with company procedures.
Who we're looking for you will have:
- Significant management experience within the construction or relevant support services industries, together with a strong understanding of technical issues and trends in the traction and or power sectors
- Experience of traction power supply systems for rail or have previously had design experience with low voltage to medium voltage switchboard design.
- A degree in an appropriate discipline (a minimum of ONC or equivalent in a relevant subject is expected) or similar.
- An HNC in Contracting Management (or equivalent)
Salary circa £325 - £350/day Ltd
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79124935