Production Maintenance Engineer
Are you a qualified Maintenance Engineer looking for your next opportunity? If so then this could be for you.
First Personnel are looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join a fast paced and growing food manufacturer based in Bicester.
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Reports To: Production Manager/Engineering Manager
Salary: £25k - £28k Dependant on Experience.
Working Hours - 42.5 hours per week. (Some shift work and weekends involved)
- To ensure all equipment is maintained in a safe, legal and clean state to enable high care food production.
- Priority must be given to maintain all equipment to minimise breakdowns, delays and ensure efficient production.
- Ensure the fabric of the building is maintained.
- Service and maintain all equipment to try and avoid loss of production time due to breakdowns.
- Ensure all equipment is safe to use, constructed of appropriate material, suitable for food use where applicable and meets legal requirements.
- Put forward ideas on how to improve equipment to enable production to be more efficient.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and signed off by the technical team as fit for use following any maintenance work.
- Completion of pneumatic maintenance.
- Carry out maintenance and store equipment and tools in such a way that they do not pose a risk to food or health and safety.
- Follow company procedures with regards to maintenance, control of visitors and contractors including glass and allergen controls and temporary repairs.
- Complete work required and maintenance records.
- Action pest proofing recommendations.
- Adhere to the company health and safety procedures.
- Request H&S data sheets/Approved food use for any equipment/chemical used on site.
- Maintain good standards of hygiene and housekeeping in the workshop.
- Work flexible hours to accommodate the needs of the business.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties.
If you are basic electrically and mechanically qualified and have Maintenance Engineering experience then we want to here from you.
FMCG or experience within a food environment would be advantageous.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79129351