IT Asset and Configuration Analyst
We've been finding a better way for over 130 years.
Now it's your turn...
Part of a FTSE 250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others refuse. We are a trusted and ethical lender - lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our team, you will be a big part of this.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Asset and Configuration Analyst at our head office in Bradford. Here you will be responsible for the day to day management of IT Hardware and software assets within the PFG business.
This role will work collaboratively with members of the IT Asset and Configuration Management team and the wider IT community in controlling, managing and reporting on IT assets operating within a process framework grounded in ITIL principles.
The scope of the role ensures the integrity of asset inventories, accurate reporting and maintaining / updating existing procedures for the management of IT hardware and software through the IT asset lifecycle. This role will require the ability to go looking for, identify and resolve discrepancies in asset data or supporting process.
Additionally, the Asset and Configuration Analyst will support activities in the overall direction of IT Asset Management and will be an active contributor ensuring the success of this activity.
This role will include monitoring and recording of software licenses and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with provider agreements. The individual will also assist the procurement team to optimise technology spend across the UK business unit.
- Management of day-to-day process and procedures to support ongoing operations of IT Asset Management
- Administration and maintenance of the CMDB and asset discovery tools, identifying areas of improvement and implementing where possible
- Work with stakeholders to identify Services and Configuration Items in scope across the organisation
- Provide Software Licensing specialist knowledge
- Identify and record the relationships between services, Infrastructure, hardware assets, software and applications within the CMDB
- Report on the use of software/applications within the organisation to identify areas of cost savings and assist with supporting processes
- Contribute to the development of processes / procedures to ensure that appropriate controls are in place to protect CIs from being modified without the correct configuration controls
- Provide information or data to support other processes and teams, including Service Desk, IT Procurement, Change Management, Service Delivery and Service Owners
- Investigate and resolve exceptions and accuracy issues of the CMDB and asset discovery tools.
- Governance for the decommission and disposal of end of life equipment ensuring industry standards and WEEE regulations are adhered to
- Maintain and publish asset based metrics, provide regular reports to the various service towers and PFG Management.
- Ensure the administration and accuracy of:
- CMDB - Remedy Salesforce and Atrium
- Software Licensing
- Asset discovery tools - ADDM, Snow, SCCM
- AirWatch Mobile Device Management portal
- A robust 'Goods in- Goods out' and lifecycle process
- Vendor software portals
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Must have previous experience managing IT Assets through their lifecycle within an ITIL-based organisation and associated CMDB tools
- Experience and knowledge of licensing terms and conditions, product usage rights and 'real world' licensing issues gained from working with vendor products especially Microsoft, VM Ware and virtualisation, Adobe and Oracle.
- Experience in writing IT procedures, operational reports and user guides including excellent excel skills
- In depth understanding of IT Asset management lifecycle processes and tools including KPI reports and exception resolution.
- Experience of request fulfilment within an ITIL-based organisation
- Good Working knowledge of Asset Management tools such as Atrium, Remedy & Airwatch
- Familiarity with a variety of SAM tools such as Snow & ADDM
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role
- ITIL certification - 'ITIL Foundation' minimum (essential)
- Any additional IT certification (e.g. PRINCE2) or vendor certification is a plus (desired but not essential)
- BCS Qualification - Software Asset Management Essentials (Desired but not essential)
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development - giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79101220