Platform Engineer Linux Networking - Finance
Platform Engineer (Linux TCP/IP Networking Juniper Cisco). Hedge Fund that invests in the sports betting markets is seeking a bright, motivated Platform Engineer with a broad range of technical knowledge.
You’ll join the Platform Engineering team responsible for the overall infrastructure and ongoing support and development of the platform. Responsibilities will encompass 1st to 3rd line support, new technology planning and implementation, availability and security. You’ll proactively deal with potential technical issues; ensure that support tickets are resolved; identify and introduce new technologies to make improvements and contribute to technical documentation.
The company is technology driven; you’ll be working with modern software development practices such as Agile TDD with Unit testing within a distributed systems, microservices architecture.
Fantastic offices based in a vibrant area of North London with in-house gym and steam room, games room with pool tables and dart boards, library and free high quality catering (breakfast, lunch, dinner) from the onsite chef.
- Strong Linux experience (monitoring, performance improvements, fault diagnostics)
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Strong troubleshooting skills, logical thinker able to keep a cool head under pressure
- Familiar with Juniper network equipment (switches, firewalls, routers); Cisco network equipment, Virtualisation technology (Xen, KVM, VMWare)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a Platform Engineer you can expect to earn a competitive salary (to £45k) plus bonus and benefits package.
Send your CV or call 020 7090 2575 for a confidential discussion about this Platform Engineer opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79102194