Project Co-ordinator - Build Aviator
Jewson - Kilmarnock - Project Co-ordinator (Build Aviator)
Making use of the full range of Build Aviator Services, you will provide a project coordination service to manage the customer through the lifecycle of their project; from the concept and design phase, to estimating, pricing, ordering and scheduling.
This is primarily an office based role requiring clear communication skills, primarily telephone and email.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, and Experience Required
- Be familiar with Builders Merchant pricing systems
- Strong product knowledge across main building distribution product groups
- Good knowledge of construction contract procedures, material supply chains and systems
- Strong proven negotiating skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to influence
- Highly numerate with good communication and presentation skills
- Results driven with the ability to work towards and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assimilate information
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment and exceed their expectations
- Adaptable with the ability to lean and apply new ways of working
- The ability to demonstrate commercial acumen
- Experience self- motivated individual
- Understanding of Building Regulations and importance of compliance
You will be required to:
- Design service – liaise with the customer/sales contact to capture accurate and relevant project details to ensure initial design phase services are provided
- Estimating Service – liaise with the customer and 3rd party estimating provider to deliver an accurate project estimate
- Pricing – provide a full pricing schedule for every phase of the project across all product areas
- Scheduling – liaise with the relevant branch(es) to ensure the delivery of materials meets customer expectations
- Reporting – maintain a project status and report on progress, highlighting issues/opportunities
- Keep self-up to date with changes in relevant regulations, legislation, market developments, products, company news
- Build Aviator Services – achieve targets set for volume of customers buying Build Aviator Services
- Project Value – conversion of material spend available to order value
- Customer Service – customer feedback measured through customer surveys
- Internal Feedback – positive feedback from internal suppliers
This list is not exclusive - other reasonable duties and projects may be assigned from time to time.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Grahams; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79118857