Threat Intelligence Analyst - CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, GSEC
Threat Intelligence Analyst - Permanent - London - Excellent Salary!
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Cyber security professional with at least 5 years' experience in Threat Analysis and Security Operations.
- At least 2 years' experience in Trending/Threat Analysis Report Writing.
- University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science / Data Communication.
- Intermediate knowledge of Information Security fundamentals and technologies.
- Certification in any of the following: (CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, GSEC).
- In depth experience in intelligence analysis, to include open source research and analytical tradecraft. Knowledge of commercial threat intelligence services such as iSight ThreatScape, Anomali ThreatStream, and Recorded Future information sources.
- Knowledge of cyber threat actors, to including advanced persistent threats and associated tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Experience interfacing with government threat intelligence services.
- Willingness to learn new skills and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a team environment, to work under pressure and show flexibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Our client is looking for a Threat Intelligence Analyst that possesses an intelligence analysis background, the successful candidate shall work as part of the Security Operations team to ensure that security requirements are being implemented and operated as per the overall security program.
The successful candidate will be conducting independent research to identify cybersecurity threats; produce analytical products; and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team leader within the Security Operations team focused on establishing and delivering a threat intelligence capability.
- Monitor threat and vulnerability news services for any relevant information that may impact company infrastructure.
- Analyse reports to understand threat campaign(s) techniques, lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise (IOCs).
- Compiling and analysing cyber threat information and making recommendations based on suspected or known context in order to draw insights and conclusions regarding its relative threat to the company, its Business Units, intellectual and physical property, and personnel.
- Producing, editing, and distributing a variety of concise and actionable threat analysis and warning products in written and presentation form to an audience that spans a range of customers from senior company executives to security analysts and system administrators.
- Conducting studies and making recommendations to identify cyber threats; threat vectors; threat actors; and threat trends.
- Identifying and developing threat signatures from all available sources.
- Manage and maintain threat indicators in the threat intelligence platform (TIP).
- Implementing and supporting standard procedures to support security operations, risk management, security engineering, and incident response teams.
- Representing Security Operations at internal and external threat intelligence and cybersecurity forums.
- Solution Focus: The individual will remain focused on the 'end game', and operations of practical solutions in line with business needs and security requirements. He/she will be resourceful in striving for continuous improvement.
- Best Value: The candidate must seek to achieve best value by identifying cost effective solutions for securing infrastructure. The right individual will objectively assist in determining best value, and carefully consider investment of resources to maintain and contribute to company reputation.
- Inspired Communication: Strong and positive communication skills in a variety of mediums is essential. The candidate will need to articulate points of view across the business and across the partnership to ensure the company has a strong cyber security capability.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79118912