Python Developer Java SQL RESTful AWS
Python Developer Oxford to £60k
Python Developer / Language Agnostic Software Developer (Python Java RESTful SQL AWS). Early stage start-up born out of one of the world’s most prestigious universities is seeking a highly skilled backend software developer with a broad range of technical knowledge to design and develop an innovative Cloud (AWS) based solution that allows the tracking of equipment and personnel for large scale organisations (e.g. retail, transport / logistics, events venues, the NHS). The product delivers efficiencies in time management and can make a critical difference.
As a Python Developer you’ll join an elite team to deliver a web based system connecting with mobile devices (Android / iOS). You’ll be working with technologies such as Python, Java, NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra) and AWS Cloud technology to allow for scalability.
This Python Developer role presents an excellent opportunity to join an early stage start-up (product in Beta) and make a real impact on its success. Offices based in Central Oxford, close to main line station, R&D environment with casual dress code and a good work / life balance.
- Strong Python development skills
- Experience of RESTful architecture exposing API to mobile apps
- Database design and development experience with SQL Server and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience of designing and building robust Cloud based systems (ideally with AWS)
- Excellent record of academic achievement, minimum 2.1 at BSc likely to have gone on to study at MSc / PhD level
- Desirable: Java, geo-spatial and spatial location data, Big Data analytics tools such as Spark, web frameworks (Django, Ruby on Rails, Angular.js, Backbone.js)
As a Python Developer you can expect to earn a competitive salary (to £60k) plus benefits.
Send your CV or call 01372 476565 for an informal discussion about this Python Developer opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79102134