Control Systems Engineer £52k
Controls system engineer required
With manufacturing facilities UK and Europe we now require a Controls Engineer for one of our UK operations.
Working out of modern, purposed built (clean and warm) manufacturing facilities you will be the sole controls engineer on site working very closely with the Engineering manager to ensure an efficiently ran production output. You will be the lead electrical engineer on site.
Hours/Shift: Mon-Friday core hours 8am-4pm - these hours can be flexible/negotiated.
Base salary: Up to £45,000 per annum + OT = £52,000 and upwards
Overtime rates: Time and ½
Location: Castle Donington
Background required: Must have previous Controls systems experience within a production/manufacturing/industrial environment.
Ideal controls knowledge:
Schneider Telemecanique however other product knowledge will be considered.
- Have an in-depth understanding of industrial control systems (electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic) and use that knowledge for debugging and troubleshooting operational problems.
- Fault finding and repair of control system and machine faults.
- Carry out or oversee planned preventative maintenance activities, assist in the creation of PPM schedules and activities.
- Identify and carry out improvements to control systems for operational efficiency, replacing obsolete components and systems or increasing safety levels.
- Have an understanding of modern machinery safety devices, safety control systems and safety standards.
- Monitoring, debugging and programming of PLC and HMI's.
- Reading, maintaining and improving control system documentation, including program listings, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematic diagrams.
- Providing expert technical support to shift maintenance engineers.
- Assist in the training of shift maintenance engineers.
In return for your experience as a Controls system engineer we can offer you:
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
3 times salary death in service benefit
Company sick pay after 6 months' service
Family private medical cover after 6 months service
Currently 5% non contributory pension scheme after 3 months' service
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to work scheme
Child care Vouchers
If you are interested in the Controls system engineers' role please apply immediately due to the urgency of this role. If you have any questions at all please contact Matthew Brown/Steve Brown on 01332 360055
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit nicholasassociates.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79148757