This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll professional to join our dedicated and knowledgeable payroll team as one of our Payroll Specialists here in our Binley Shared Service Centre. This role will see you working within a team of dedicated payroll professionals and our onsite systems support team; utilising your experience to contribute towards the continued success of the Shared Service Centre.
The Payroll team manages the process for all 30+ UK, ROI, Channel Islands and Isle of Man businesses and circa 17,000 employees. We are hard-working, focused and passionate about what we do; this coupled with our customer focused attitude makes for a successful team that is an essential part of the Saint-Gobain UK & Ireland group.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Payroll Specialist you will;
- Be an intricate member of the payroll team and wider department
- Work within a highly regarded and recognised department within Saint-Gobain Delegation
- Have responsibility for your own payroll allocation and be the primary contact for your business(s)
- Process accurate payrolls to strict and multiple deadlines
- Process Starters/Leavers and various changes related to payroll matters
- Deal with Employee/Manager queries
- Have the opportunity to support businesses across multiple geographical areas
- Be customer and results focused
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Payroll Specialist specifically it is important that you have:
- Experience working on varying payroll sizes
- Working knowledge of Income tax and National Insurance calculations
- Working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP and all Statutory deductions
- Working knowledge of AEO’s DEO’s and Student loans
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and to work on your own initiative and as part of a supervised team
- Excellent customer service and communication and skills
- Computer skills: MS office
It is advantageous if you have experience with the following:
•Payroll legislation within the Republic of Ireland
•Processing Payroll for the ROI
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Saint-Gobain who are the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of Saint-Gobain, this role offers a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within the Shared Service Centre, Delegation or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79096839