Data Protection Officer
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Working for the Lionheart Academies Trust, this role is to provide assurance that GDPR requirements are met and maintained at all of our schools. In addition, this role will support the trusts corporate risk management and monitoring.
· Provide continued guidance, support and leadership on current and impending data protection legislation and regulation across the College.
· Identify and implement the work required to bring all schools in the trust up to standards required by the GDPR and put in place processes to ensure continued compliance.
· Carry out regular risk assessments of the handling of data and maintain the risk register
· Maintain data protection policies and procedures in conjunction with the Director of IT
· Maintain evidential records of compliance with current legislation
· Review commercial agreements and contracts including data processing agreements with existing and future data processors.
· Revise and lead data breach response and notification procedures
· Act as the focal point for the organisation when data subjects are exercising their rights; supervise, advise and manage the response to such requests
· Some travel between the different sites in the trust may be requiredESSENTIAL:· Project and Organisation Change Management Skills· Excellent written and verbal communication skills dealing with both internal and external queries.· Ability to work under pressure and deal with a demanding workload which may include conflicting demands on time· Ability to apply complex legislative requirements to services and processes· Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team
· Ability to relate positively to young people.· A flexible approach· High level of confidentialityDESIRABLE:· Good working knowledge of Data Protection Act and GDPR· Knowledge of information risk analysis and risk management
· Certificate in Data Protection or a willingness to work towards.
· Experience in a data management or HR role
· Relevant qualifications
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79096752