CAF is one of the international market leaders in the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for rail systems with presence across the globe in all continents. In the UK market we are present for more than a decade and now we are expanding exponentially through a corporate holding and two differentiated business units: rolling stock and rail services. CAF Rolling Stock UK Ltd will start operating a brand new assembly facility in Newport (Wales) with a workforce of around 300 staff.
A highly experienced Performance Engineer with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. The successful candidate must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of modern technical systems, reliability growth and have strong organisation and leadership skills.
The Performance Engineer has responsibility for supporting all aspects of fleet performance and ensuring that the safety reliability and availability targets are achieved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring that the requirements of the warranty procedures are implemented and understood by all staff, contractors and maintainers on- site.
- Support the performance manager in the monitoring/reporting of the fleet and materials performance and suggest methods to improve its reliability.
- Daily review of in service failures
- Daily review of defective material to establish the root cause
- Support the Performance Manager in the management of Product Safety related and repeated incidents and repeat defects.
- Lead the on-site Technician team and agree work priorities with the team leader
- Manage the on-call roster
- Support Performance Manager with technical meetings with the customer.
- Identification of modifications to improve fleet reliability
- Support the Performance Manager in the preparation of engineering change process including the cost benefit analysis.
- Training and assessment of maintenance team as required by the competency management system
- Support the Performance Manager with the customer arbitration process
- Support Training Manager with competency Management of the on-site team.
- Support the Performance Manager with the warranty process in order to maximise the full potential of warranty guarantees including;
- Developing relationships and processes with suppliers to ensure warranty issues are addresses expediently and corrective actions are applied.
- Develop reports that identify the status of all warranty issues and significant warranty trends.
- Provide general materials engineering support/problem solving for technical and procurement departments.
- Effective communication skills, able to communicate in a multi-national and cultural diverse organization.
- Initiative, can work alone to achieve results effectively. Seeks to minimize waste in resources and process.
- Team player, works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues.
- Problem solving, thoroughly assesses every side of a situation before deciding on an appropriate course of action.
- Adaptable, able to manage change and remain flexible to individual situations.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS
- HND or above in an Engineering related discipline
- Health and Safety qualification (i.e. NEBOSH General Cert) - Desirable
- Experience in a System Reliability and Performance role
- Be PC literate with the ability to learn new software programmes quickly
- Have the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proven experience in planning and organising
- Experience writing technical reports
- Valid driver’s license
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79160537