Cloud (DevOps) Engineer
Cloud (DevOps) Engineer - London - Finance - £90,000 + Competitive Benefits Package
A London based financial organisation is seeking a highly skilled Cloud (DevOps) Engineer to join their Data Centre team. The team will be responsible for development and operational support of the AWS cloud infrastructure. You will help build, mature and develop both operational processes & the AWS environments they operate. You will undertake cloud design/build and improvement capability while working in collaboration with other project and internal and external support teams.
You will have an opportunity to be innovative and contribute to an evolving area, leveraging the latest Cloud based technologies and agile ways of working. This is an opportunity to help shape & develop best practise, procedures, and policies in this new function.
Some of the key responsibilities;
- Operational and maintenance based activities of Cloud Data Centre such that it remains within compliance of its design and security principles
- Assist with design and build activity in line with agreed architecture principles
- Undertake incident, problem, change and configuration management activity to ensure the support of customer systems in line with Service Level Agreements
- Monitor service trends to identify opportunities for improvement plans and input to architecture roadmaps.
- Ensure knowledge of the platforms is accurately maintained
- The role will undertake complex tasks, provide expert technical advice and provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Amazon Web Services Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional level)
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery / DevOps methodology environments and recognised skills utilising related tools such as Splunk, GitLabs, Jenkins, Docker, Chef etc.
- Good working knowledge and experience using Linux (RHEL /RedHat 7)
- Open Source tooling experience
- Automation of infrastructure provisioning and management (Chef)
- Good scripting knowledge and experience in Bash/Perl/Ruby/Python/JSON
- Internet & networking technology understanding
- RDBMS database technology
- Infrastructure security experience and with proven toolset knowledge using Qualys, Suricata, Satellite, Spacewalk, IPA
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with developers and product managers to discuss and resolve issues.
- Ability to provide expert advice to senior business and stakeholders on project and technical issues
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79091771