IFRS Reporting Specialist
Grafton Banks Finance is currently looking for a fully qualified and technically efficient Financial Reporting Specialist with excellent working knowledge of IFRS.
The main purpose of the role is to serve as a subject matter to the client regarding XBRL reporting and the process for creating XBRL formatted financial statements. You will also review XBRL data tagging to ensure consistency and accuracy in the financial reporting for the client.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Provide consultation with clients on XBRL process, technology and use of the systems that guide the XBRL process on the more complex financial reporting projects.
- Review XBRL documents for accuracy, consistency and completeness of data tagging. Manage workflow, communications and timelines for assigned clients on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Create a customised taxonomy document using a client’s recent filing with the regulators like SEC (USA), Company House( UK) and others using the IFRS/US GAAP Taxonomy.
- Consult with clients to determine and confirm which financial statements map directly to the US GAAP/IFRS Taxonomy and which financial statements require customised extension elements to create the final XBRL document. Structure the XBRL taxonomy accordingly.
- Ensure on time delivery of final approved XBRL financial statements for client.
- Participate in client meetings to present and explain XBRL information.
- Apply knowledge of current regulators like SEC and countries in EU requirements for evolving XBRL compliance requirements and address client questions related to their specific compliance requirements.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned (eg representation of Donnelley Financial Solutions on IASB projects/board).
The successful candidate will be a qualified, technically efficient individual who is ideally working for a mid tier accountancy firm looking for their first move out of practice, and or a FTSE100/250 company. You will have a solid understanding of financial reporting and the ability to interpret Financial Statements efficiently, together with good working knowledge of IFRS accounting standards. Previous experience of SEC requirements and any exposure of XBRL taxonomy will prove highly desirable. In addition, this is also thought of as a high profile business partner opportunity so excellent communication skills are imperative along with the ability to solve complex problems by analysing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
In return for your knowledge and experience in the above you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79159773