Software Developer (Delphi, PHP, HTML)
A great opportunity is available for someone to take ownership of the entire development process for a niche and successful company providing marketing software to the dental industry in the UK and globally.
You will work from an exclusive office building in Milton Keynes and join a small but highly capable team whose intent is to continue growing the company’s success and providing some of the best software to this increasingly tech-based environment. For this permanent position we want someone looking for the stability of a long-term role who is from nearby locations or willing to relocate to Milton Keynes or the surrounding areas.
- Take responsibility for initial sketched informal design through all stages of development to the finished end product which will be available as download and online services.
- As the only developer, you will be the definitive technical resource for the company and its products, not just in day to day development but also in responding to technical related support requests from direct UK userbase, sellers or suppliers and which cannot be answered by other colleagues.
- The future of the business rests on the entire team’s shoulders but as our developer you will be pivotal in the way the company progresses and our future success.
- As the sole developer, you will have great freedom and autonomy when it comes round to development practices and approach to achieving the company’s vision.
You will have the following background and knowledge:
- A complete portfolio of skills from product development, testing and creative input to website management, customer support plus CRM and office IT infrastructure management.
- Delphi – main development language for 2 of our 4 products.
- Working knowledge of all versions of Windows.
- Familiarity with Windows networking.
- Prior experience of developing software for end-user markets and public sale.
- Full SDLC experience.
- Willingness to mentor an apprentice or junior employee (likely to onboard in the next few years.)
- VMWare and use/management of virtual machines.
- Good knowledge of media players.
- Knowledge of Jedi or other version control software.
- Good familiarity with restricted Windows accounts and related permissions.
- Customer support skills via telephone and remote dial-in (this is not a support role, but some customer support will be required.)
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to engage openly with a small team as well as end customers if needed.
Please note that whilst technical experience is hugely important, as a small team your willingness and ability to fit into a friendly and approachable environment is just as vital. Our client is a 'fun team' working in a relaxed environment and have built a successful business with products being used in over 10,000 practices worldwide. They want to build on that success and need the right developer to help do that.
If this is you, contact Quanta with your details.
Phone and onsite interviews will be taking place in January with a view to have someone start the role in February or soon after.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79100306