We are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Underwriter to support the Underwriting Team based in our Leatherhead office.
This is a pivotal role providing the team with delivering relevant insurance products, underwriting systems and underwriting guidelines as agreed via management.
About Our Client
Our client are a Underwriting Managing General Agent (MGA) that work closely with leading insurers. They provide a network of partner Brokers with a comprehensive range of insurance policies targeted at three market sectors: charities and social enterprises, faith-based organisations and places of worship, and recruitment agencies.
Our client are specialist insurance brokers founded in 2014 in order to fill a gap in the market for a new independent, client-centric and service-focused intermediary.
- Delivering relevant insurance products, underwriting systems and underwriting guidelines as agreed with insurers and management
- Delivering appropriate management information as required
- Contributing to team activity in line with business plans and budgets
- Liaising with clients, brokers and insurers in terms of coverage and pricing as required
- Dealing with New Business, Renewal and MTA's in line with agreed underwriting guidelines and service levels
- Setting up the appropriate files and keeping up to date
- Reviewing completed presentations and providing feedback to clients and underwriters as necessary
- Completing check and rating sheets as required
- Reviewing all quotes and passing these to clients / brokers with appropriate commentary
- When orders are received, processing of orders including policy production and invoicing
- Answering phone calls and emails within agreed authority limits and service level requirements
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory procedures
Key Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience is essential preferably 4-5 years.
- Ability to manage own and others' time and workloads effectively and efficiently
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and external clients, brokers and insurers
- Ability to understand and implement 'best practice' in client service, compliance systems and processes, and financial management
- Appropriate knowledge of all classes of business
- Working knowledge of products offering cross-selling opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) at a senior level with clients and markets
- Ability to understand, develop, implement and report on agreed plans and budgets.
Our client offers an attractive reward package and typical benefits can include:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
Our Clent aims to be an equal opportunities employer and they would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79158746