Senior Test Engineer
Having opened a new office in Belfast last year our client now wish to add to their QA/Software Testing function to work alongside the Software & Platform Engineering, UI and Support teams they already have in place. It is an excellent opportunity for a Senior QA/Test Engineer to join a Silicon Valley company who have given full responsibility to their Belfast Engineering team for a new 'Greenfield' project that will have a significant impact for their global customer base.
With a number of other QA roles available this is an opportunity to lead a new team and help define the standards for their testing processes and champion best-in-industry approaches to test practice. You will be a key player in their overall software engineering function where the team will look to you as the as a source of expertise for all things QA related. As with their overall approach since opening and trust they have placed in their employees you will also have the opportunity to suggest new testing technologies and techniques based on your own preferences and experience to date.
Having already secured a number of key engineering hires in Q4 2017 it is a major reflection on the expertise of their staff that a company decision was made to allow the Belfast team to build a new platform for their core products. This is Greenfield development in its truest sense where the team here own the project and have already made key decisions regarding technologies, architecture and features without any restrictions from the company hierarchy.
Based in their Belfast city centre office and reporting to their Data Quality Manager your duties will include the following:
- Define an ambitious and robust approach to quality and testing
- Configure CD/CI environments to test features at all stages of development
- Review Unit Tests
- Mentor junior members of the wider engineering team
- Familiarise yourself with all aspects of our client's applications and platform
- Promote team principles and culture across the organisation
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Previous experience of defining best testing practices
- Experience implementing a CD/CI automated test framework
- Experience of testing cloud based applications
- White Box, Black Box, Performance and TDD testing experience
- Previous UX, API and Data testing experience
- Understanding of containerisation and microservice architecture
- Exposure to various types of SDLC and Software Configuration Management
- Enthusiasm for personal development and involvement in local tech community
- Ability to suggest new ideas and challenge the 'norm'
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
Depending on experience and interview performance this role offers a salary of up to £40,000-50'000. with annual bonus and excellent benefits package. Flexibility on salary will be considered to get the best person for the role. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a new team and product while also having a major impact on their culture, vision and brand. You will join a privately owned company who are experiencing very strong growth and have plans to make a significant impression in the local IT sector most notably in the world of Big Data.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call 028 9082 0942. Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79099337