We are currently seeking a Trainee Underwriter to support the Underwriting Team based in our Leatherhead office.
This is an entry level role which will give the successful candidate a unique opportunity to develop a career as a qualified Underwriter. This will be supported by a mentor and will include study support to obtain professional qualifications.
About Our Client:
Our client are a Managing General Agent (MGA) who work closely with leading insurers. They provide their network of partner Brokers with a comprehensive range of insurance policies targeted at three market sectors: charities and social enterprises, faith-based organisations and places of worship, and recruitment agencies. They are specialist insurance brokers founded in 2014 in order to fill a gap in the market for a new independent, client-centric and service-focused intermediary.
Following Induction and Training:
- Delivering relevant insurance products, underwriting systems and underwriting guidelines as agreed with insurers and our clients management
- Delivering appropriate management information as required
- Contributing to team activity in line with business plans and budgets
- Liaising with clients, brokers and insurers in terms of coverage and pricing as required
- Dealing with New Business, Renewal and MTA's in line with agreed underwriting guidelines and service levels
- Setting up the appropriate files and keeping up to date
- Reviewing completed presentations and providing feedback to clients and underwriters as necessary
- Completing check and rating sheets as required
- Reviewing all quotes and passing these to clients / brokers with appropriate commentary
- When orders are received, processing of orders including policy production and invoicing
- Answering phone calls and emails within agreed authority limits and service level requirements
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory procedures
Key Skills and Experience
- Ability to manage own time and workloads effectively and efficiently
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience of working within an office environment
- Keen to progress and develop a career in Underwriting.
Our client offer an attractive reward package and typical benefits can include:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
They aim to be an equal opportunities employer and would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79154795