Assistant Engineer Manager
Assitant Engineering Manager- FMCG, Days, Progression into Site Engineering Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Benefits: Bonus, Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
Location: Hertford, Hertfordshire
A highly established and growing manufacturer of high end food produce are currently recruiting for an Assitant Engineering Manager to work as the right hand man for the Site Engineering Manager. As the Assitant Engineering Manager you will oversee and lead the maintenance department of 4 Engineering Team Leaders and a team of 50 multi-skilled maintenace engineers within a modern, high speed FMCG faciliitly. The site is currently going through lots of grwoth and investment so the Assitant Engineering Manager will spearhead large CAPEX Projects whilst making sure there is a robust maintenace plan to optimise machine efficeny. Whilst this is a number 2 position as an Assistant Engineering Manager you will have lots of autonomy and decision making and will also succeed the current Site Engineering Manager when he retires in around 2-3 years.
Skills required for the Assistant Engineering Manager:
- Experience as an Engineering Manager or Engineering team leader within a manufacturing environment
- Strong supervisory, leadership and coaching skills gained within Engineering Management
- Strong technical background in either Electrical or Mechanical maintenance.
- Have innovative ideas for how to improve efficiencies and downtime within the maintenance department.
- Have aspirations to take on a more senior role than an Assitant Engineering Manager within the next 2 -3 years
The Assistant Engineering Manager will benefit from:
- Having a clear progression path beyond a Assistant Engineering Manager to Site Engineering Manager.
- Working as an Assistant Engineering Manager within a well-established food manufacturing company
- Management and leadership training to enhance skills
- Lots of Autonomy and decision making whilst being mentored by the current Site Engineeing Manager
- Opportunities to lead continuous improvement and lean manufacturing projects.
Benefits: Pension, Healthcare,
Commutable: Hertford, Cheshunt. Edminton, Harrow, Romford
If you are interested in this role and feel that you have the right skills, then please click apply at the bottom of this advert.
For further details, contact Beau Giambrone on;
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79051628