Senior Operational Accountant
Senior Operational Accountant / Distribution & Logistics / Warrington / Competitive salary + benefits
Our client are a leading services business with a rich history within their field and due to continued growth are looking for an operationally focused Accountant to support their finance & operational heads of department.
You will oversee all of the managements accounts from both a financial and commercial view and prepare these in a timely manner for senior management.
- Preparation of accurate, timely and user friendly financial and commercial information, including daily and weekly profit and loss reporting
- Business Unit management accounting and reporting including completion and/or assistance in preparation of the monthly management accounts, annual budget and forecasts, interim and year-end financial accounts
- Assist in enhancing the business unit internal financial controls and procedures and support effective implementation within the Business Unit team
- Financial analysis and associated commentary to understand variances and work with operational managers to identify risks & opportunities to improve financial results
- A detailed understanding of the business performance drivers, including the impact of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and a strong drive towards efficiency, service and improving performance for the business
- To liaise with other departments as required ensuring the reporting deadlines of the organisation are met
- Management and monitoring of accounting processes, preparation and implementation of new and reviewed procedures
- Managing 4 direct reports
- Continuous review of process as intended to enhance in terms of accuracy and timeliness
- Ad-hoc support and analysis as required by the business
The Successful Applicant
Qualified CIMA/ ACA/ ACCA Accountant looking for their next step within a growing company. Previous experience within a LOGISTICS OR DISTRIBUTION business is essential, as would prior experience of having a role with an operational focus.
Apply for this job
To be considered for this role please send your CV to Laura at NC Associates Liverpool by clicking the 'apply' button.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79140635