Mechancial Technician T&V
The purpose of this role is to build, prepare, service and maintain Aston Martin prototype vehicles / bucks to facilitate both whole vehicle & component testing in line with design verification programme objectives of all future AM product.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Preparation & shakedown of prototype vehicles/bucks for DVP testing, attribute sign-off events, mileage accumulation.
• Carry out servicing and safety checks on prototype vehicles.
• Support prototype test vehicles whilst on test, both in the UK and abroad.
• Manufacture /sub-assembly of relevant components & systems
• Assembly of components and fit to vehicle / buck in sequence of build and to process planning sheets or work request sheet.
• Capture data from test vehicles and document for further analysis
• Will have experience working with Hybrid or Electric vehicles or working with High Voltage systems in automotive applications
• The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Full Apprenticeship (Motor Vehicle background) ideally to HNC level
• Prestige Vehicle Experience
• Prototype Test Vehicle Experience
• Work experience preparing and supporting Prototype test vehicles.
• Understanding of computer systems and software including MS Word & Excel.
• Knowledge of Aston Martin Product would be an advantage
• Team player but also able to work independently
• Self-starting, relishes challenges
• Problem solver
• Flexible and adaptable to new situations
• Ability to travel to support tests
• Clean Driving License
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79153988