IP Network Engineer
IP Network Engineer -Rural Lancashire - £28k to £32k
Your new company
An amazing opportunity to join a technology company that is growing at the rate of 20% year on year. Having only been established in 2011 the company has already reported a turnover of £1million.
Your new role
As one of our Network Engineers you will be responsible for:-
- Ongoing network security and development
- Core and edge network equipment configuration and installation
- Create and implement project build, test and transition plans for both new and existing physical and logical network installations
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line troubleshooting and support of core, edge and customer faults
- Assist and train first line support engineers in the resolution of common faults
- Assist the Network Engineering team with installation, fusion splicing of core, edge and CPE cables, as directed
What you'll need to succeed
Successful IP Network Engineers will possess a combination of the following:-
- Background in installation, commissioning and 'Fit and Test'.
- Prior experience in implementation, support and troubleshooting of various physical and logical network technologies
- Working knowledge of ISP/Telecoms environments, ie a Service Provider background
- Keen to make the move into network engineering - design and project work
- LAN, WAN, BGP, OSPF, IPv4 and/or IPv6
- Familiar with Cisco or Juniper equipment
What you'll get in return
In return you will be rewarded with an excellent opportunity for your personal and career development as well as an attractive remuneration package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79140120