Accounts Payable Assistant
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join us in our central London office and provide support to our busy Accounts Payable team over the next 6 months.
As our Accounts Payable Assistant you will help provide high levels of service to internal and external stakeholders, and maintain robust financial controls. You will ensure the accurate and efficient processing of a high volume of supplier invoices, corporate credit card, and payroll expenses using our Financial Management System, Agresso. You will also ensure an up to date record of supplier bank and contact details, reconcile supplier statements in Agresso, and respond to queries from staff and suppliers in a timely and appropriate manner, escalating any issues at the earliest opportunity.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Previous accounts payable experience with good numeracy skills
- A proven ability to work quickly and accurately, paying attention to detail to ensure that transactions are correctly processed, especially under pressure
- Practical experience of using computerised accounting systems
- Good reconciliation skills; intermediate level of Excel knowledge is desirable.
- Good organisation and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Excellent communication skills on the phone, face to face and in writing especially when resolving queries with suppliers and other colleagues
- The ability to plan and prioritise your own work to meet deadlines
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent problem solving skills. A proactive approach to resolving any issues that may arise, by assessing their impact and identifying those that need to be passed to the AP Manager
- Ability to be innovative and think outside the box. Constantly looking for ways to improve process
This role offers a salary of c£22Kpa, 30 days annual leave, and a competitice company pension scheme.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79135185