Multi-skilled Shift Engineer
Reporting into the Engineering Manager this crucial role will form part of a pro-active team responsible for the reliability and efficiency of a fast paced, high care, state of the art food manufacturing site. This role is on a continental shift pattern.
Our client is a leading food manufacturer based in Yorkshire. Further to a recent restructure this is a great opportunity for career progression within a forward thinking blue-chip manufacturer.
The multi-skilled maintenance engineer role will be tasked with the delivery of completing a wide variety of PPM as well as reactive maintenance when necessary. The role also involves liaising with production and hygiene departments in order to best drive manufacturing efficiency whilst ensuring food safety is always prioritised.
Other day to day responsibilities will include:
- Work with a team of engineers to install new machinery as well as maintain proactively and re-actively when required
- Ensuring KPI's are met with Overall Equipment Efficiency and PPM's are completed to schedule
- Assist the training of new staff as well as sharing knowledge to maximise the team's performance
- Maintain an audit-ready culture
- Prioritise HSE and Food safety at all times
The successful multi-skilled engineer will have a range of the following:
- Relevant engineering qualification. Ideally a level 3 and above in Electrical or Mechanical
- Experience within an automated food manufacturing environment
- Be a 'get up and go' character who is self-motivated and embraces a challenge
- Eagerness to acquire new skills, complete training and development workshops
- Ambition for career progression
Competitive Package Plus Package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79053525