AEVI is an influential and innovative Leader in the global payments landscape who are looking to hire an experienced Infrastructure Automation Architect.
How will you add value on a day-to-day basis?
You will be responsible for provisioning the AWS cloud based infrastructure with an Oracle database layer and the supporting network upon which our portfolio of payment applications reside. You will be responsible for all aspects of all environments. Automation is key - automating any task that has the capacity to be automated will be required.
You'll work closely with the various project teams, Product Managers and Product Owners to support the business, providing the foundation upon which they can turn their visions into reality.
You will be the advocate for all process automation, ensuring everyone knows how best to deliver to you and advising on best practices to ensure a true one click environment is realised.
You will work alongside our security and compliance officers to ensure all aspects of the infrastructure are compliant with all industry mandates and regulations.
You will also work alongside our third party providers, building a strong relationship and taking the lead to ensure our environments are fully robust and fit for global operation.
What will make you the ideal candidate?
We will want you to demonstrate clear understanding of the dev ops world. We use tools like GIT, Terraform, Puppet, Packer, Yum, Jenkins Consul - you will need to demonstrate you know how these tools fit together and potentially offer options that could improve our toolkit. Our world is fully Linux…but every now and then a Windows server appears - this shouldn't be a problem for you. And, of course, knowledge of AWS and its myriad of tools is a must.
You will need to show leadership and confidence - able to converse with all parts of the organisation from Strategy Director to Tester. There will be problems - you need to show that you are the person to turn to in order to solve them. And documentation to the highest standard will be expected
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years exposure to infrastructure design and operational management
- Full understanding of AWS and Oracle servers
- Familiarity with our toolkit (AWS, S3, RHEL, GIT, Terraform, Puppet, Packer, Yum, Jenkins, Consul, Jira, Confluence, Slack…)
- Ability to work in a small team with multiple time demands
- Preferably with some exposure to payments environments
- Practical experience of Cloud Hosting (Amazon AWS) with knowledge of migrating to AWS from legacy datacentre environment (Hybrid Cloud environment).
- Expert knowledge of networks, VPNs, firewalls, load-balancing, high availability and resilience in an AWS environment. In-depth knowledge of AWS components including: EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, EBS, EFS, Glacier, Direct Connect, CloudWatch, IAM, AMIs, Route 53
- In-depth knowledge of automating AWS Infrastructure environment using combination of software tools such as Terraform, Packer, Consul, Jenkins, SVN, Puppet and GIT.
- Knowledge of Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration.
- Experience of using team-collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Slack.
- Knowledge of Unix, particularly Linux (RHEL and SUSE), Solaris 10
- Experience with Oracle 11g and 12c in a Production environment.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 and Active Directory.
- Ability to convey knowledge and train/mentor lesser-experienced staff.
- Knowledge of PCI DSS standard and information security best practices.
- Able to troubleshoot and manage problems, escalating where necessary.
- Excellent writing skills and able to produce quality technical documentation.
- Should have worked in a large IT Server environment for at least 7 years.
The AEVI Payments team is a single centre of excellence for delivering the very best payments products to a global customer base. Based on the needs of our customers and requirements from our product management, our team delivers innovation across all sectors of the Payments Industry. The portfolio includes customer/business defined projects as well as technology projects designed to improve our managed service capabilities.
New AEVI 2.0 release requires a new team extension to deliver what will be a first of its kind payment service. It is a multi-channel cloud based payment solution. Centralized transactions through one global platform. One single integration, which delivers the same consumer payment experience, across all countries and channels. Cloud-based on AWS and white-labelled. Making AEVI a complete payment service provider.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79135123