Software Development Apprentice
Some say that the first mobile phone app was the 'Snake' game included by Nokia on its 6110 in 1997, why not kick start your career as a software development apprentice in this rapidly growing industry now!
Baltic Training and One Vision Imaging Ltd are delighted to be recruiting for a Full Stack Developer apprentice to join their team in Coventry. Established 44 years ago, One Vision Imaging are a Photographic Laboratory specialising in photo and fine art printing, framing, wall display, wedding albums and photo books! Due to their continued success, they are now keen to expand their team with an individual who has experience in using HTML and CSS.
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Debugging and Testing Software
- Working on development projects
- Working within a small IT team learning how to become a Full Stack Developer
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Software Development
- BCS Level 3 certificate in Software Development Context and Methodologies ( part 1 & 2)
- BCS Level 3 certificate in Programming (Part 1, 2 & 3)
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, maths and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required
- Must be Enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Good communication skills
- Capable of remaining positive under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player
- Experience finding errors in code
- Experience using coding languages such as
- Passion for IT and software development
- Preferably 5 GCSE A- C (including Maths, English and IT)
The future is bright
Upon completion of this apprenticeship programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £150 per week
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week) 8.30AM - 5.00PM
Location and travel
This role is located in Coventry in the Binley Industrial estate and is easy access to local transport including the 18, 86 and X1 bus and there is a free onsite car park for those who drive.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79123777