Your new company
You will be joining an established and very prestigious legal firm based in the Heart of Birmingham City Centre.
Your new role
You will be tasked with the following:
*Coding, processing and authorising purchase invoices, including matching invoices to purchase orders and liaising with the relevant teams within the business.
* Prompt analysis of supplier queries, including supplier statement reconciliations.
* Ensure timely settling of invoices to supplier using manual and electronic payments systems as required.
* Process expense claims in a timely and accurate manner according to the relevant deadlines, ensuring claims are within policy.
* Contribute to continuous improvement of procedures to improve efficiency of the purchase ledger and expense functions.
* Assist cashier with day to day posting of barrister receipts and be available to cover for holidays and absences.
* Process seminar invoicing and cash collection, providing information to the Marketing team in a timely manner.
* Produce scheduled and ad-hoc reporting for barristers.
* Ad-hoc tasks for Head of Finance.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have a finance background either studying a degree or AAT, you will also have experience of working within a Purchase Ledger team as this will be about 50% of the role. You will be keen and eager to succeed and want to learn, you will see the opportunity at hand to learn off of more Senior employees and gain experience. You will want to knuckle down and focus for a good couple of years and potentially have the possibility of progression.
What you'll get in return
You will be taken on as a permanent member of staff and paid up to £15,812, starting with 20 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 2 years service plus annual leave. There is a possibility for study support and this will be after your probation which is 6 months. You will be auto enrolled onto the company pension and after 2 years of service will have access to many more benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79136538