Our Client are a leading engineering business based in the North East. The company currently require a talented Project Engineer to join the business.
* Scheduling project / Business Development engineering tasks and delivering to agreed time frames.
* Monitoring and reviewing project progress schedule.
* Assist in quotations for new Business Development opportunities
* Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to internal/external customer.
* Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports
* Implement cost reduction projects and elimination of non value added activities
* Determine component material, equipment needs and source suppliers
* Prepare and interpret specifications
* Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve development problems
* Create, validate and check items, new products on BOM's Axapta ERP system, and make corrections where necessary
* Give support to the Business Development engineering function
* Implement projects, making plans to accomplish goals.
* Complete new projects, tasks and actions, consulting with other engineers and managers as necessary.
* Validate and check the list of the raw materials, sub-assemblies, intermediate assemblies, sub-components, components, parts and the quantities of each needed to manufacture the final product, making adjustments where necessary.
* Support subsidiaries within the group in various engineering tasks and projects.
* Encourage, support and develop a continuous improvement culture. .
* Implementing improvements using 5S techniques.
* To display the proper attitude and behaviour, job knowledge, and effective communication to build good working relationships.
* To establish and maintain open communication channels throughout the company.
* Responsible for ensuring safety in the workplace by the establishment of safe working practices.
* Broad knowledge of manufacturing, engineering techniques, continuous improvement, production and capacity planning.
* Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
* Thorough understanding of problem solving, process and process control. Thorough understanding of problem solving, process and process/system control.
* Understanding of Axapta ERP.
* Understanding of problem solving, process and process/system control.
* Ability to understand AutoCAD drawings.
* Using computers and computer systems to enter data, or process information.
* Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
* Using mathematics to solve problems.
* Well developed interpersonal, ambassadorial, communication and organisational skills
* Pro-active, self-motivated and knows when to seek guidance
* Ability to work alone and as part of a team to achieve common objectives
£35,000 plus benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79123061