Permanent Data Protection Lawyer
- Supporting the DPO in identifying data protection and regulatory legal risks, changes and issues to the business and proactively working with them to minimise the impacts and rectification of any such issues in a regulatory and legal compliant manner.
- Identifying and appropriately escalating high risk or complex issues to DPO
- Championing good governance - including acting as Data Protection Champion for the legal team - and challenging where appropriate when governance is not being followed
- Acting as an escalation point for customer complaints in particular executive complaints and any complaints received from the ICO relating to data protection
- Acting as Data Protection Policy contact providing targeted legal advice on complex data protection issues and playing a key role as a work-stream lead in implementing data protection legal changes including the General Data Protection Regulation
- Identifying regulatory legal risks and changes in regulation, regulatory approach and best practice to the business and proactively work with them to manage strategy and minimise the impacts.
- Experience as a UK qualified solicitor
- Detailed and demonstrable knowledge and experience of data protection law, including GDPR
- A demonstrably thorough working knowledge of UK regulatory framework and regulated banking, coupled with an appreciation of the business needs of a retail bank. Experience with laws applying to retail banking and/or insurance products would be an advantage.
- Experience of delivering work on time according to requirements and keeping more senior colleagues up to date with developments as appropriate
- Excellent team working skills
- A proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the legal services team
- Exceptional communication skills.
We’re proud to be different. We offer an award-winning product range that includes insurance, savings, loans, credit cards and travel money. As well as being the first British supermarket to open a bank, our people, values and new offices create a great working environment where we can focus on what our customers want.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79126768