Data Engineer - Liverpool - Negotiable on Experience
Your new company
My client is a global brand in cutting-edge and globally recognised technology and Entertainment Company specialising in the growth of popular sports engagement. They have recently obtained a new business opportunity which in turn has enabled business growth, predominately in their IT team. They are now actively seeking an experienced Research and Development Software Manager to be based in their Merseyside office.
Your new role
As the teams Data Engineer it will be your responsibility to build our reservoirs for big data - you will develop, construct, test and maintain our architectures such as databases and large-scale data processing systems. You will work closely with data analysts and data scientists to determine what data management systems are appropriate. Your ultimate aim is to provide clean, usable data, often dealing with problems associated with database integration and huge, unstructured data pools.
* Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems
* Translate strategic requirements into usable tools and infrastructure
* Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices
* Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts
* Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
* Develop data set processes for data modelling, mining and production
* Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
* Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
* Install and update disaster recovery procedures
* Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
* Scale the network - work on tuning and optimising the delivery of various data sets in a network with thousands concurrent events and unique data scalability challenges
* Understand ecosystems, user behaviours, and long-term trends to guide product
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will ideally be degree qualified in Computer Science or related field, with a minimum 5+ years of experience. Will have proficiency with agile development methodologies; Linux/unix based systems; Big Data processing technologies (Hadoop, Spark); proficiency with data warehouse solutions (Redshift); proficiency with Git (BitBucket, GitHub); hands on experience with the latest technologies: Storm, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase, Kafka, HBase, ElasticSearch. Knowledge of SCALA, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, RabbitMQ, Jenkins is preferred.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your industry knowledge to show an understanding about how data can be collected, analysed and utilized, maintaining flexibility in the face of big data developments and creative problem-solving to show your approach to data organisation challenges with a clear eye on what is important - employing the right approach/methods to make the maximum use of time and human resources.
Equally important, you will be required to demonstrate your intellectual curiosity - exploring new territories and finding creative and unusual ways to solve data management problems as well as effective collaboration, carefully listening to management, data scientists and data architects to establish their needs.
What you'll get in return
An excellent pay and benefits package such as pension, health, life assurance and gym membership subject to contract. The Company's success is reliant on a flexible and knowledgeable workforce and all employees will be offered access to training and development opportunities and will be encouraged to develop their potential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79028157