Multi-skilled Building Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit 8 Multi-skilled Engineers, for a static site based in Canary Wharf. Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, you will be responsible for carrying out planned preventative maintenance, reactive and/or breakdown maintenance and any continuous improvement project work. We are looking for individuals with a range of skill sets including mechanical, electrical, HVAC, Gas and AC. Flexible working may be required as part of this role including shift work and weekend work when required.
Carry out daily PPM routines.
- Provide prompt and effective reactive/breakdown maintenance.
- Increase equipment efficiency, reliability and reduce waste.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all failures and maintenance carried out.
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Fault find on mechanical and/or electrical equipment and machinery.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
- Carry out risk assessments where required
- Proactively walk the floors, reporting and rectifying any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
- Be aware of the Business Continuity plan for your area of the business
What we are looking for
Flexibility is essential as this role will be based on shift work
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Previous experience of working on a static FM Contract is desirable
- Ability to work as part of a team, taking direction from senior managers
- Customer focused
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Presentable and approachable, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Relevant Mechanical, Electrical and H&S qualifications.
- Full UK driving licence
Additional Job Board Text
Interserve’s vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79125078