Ambitious Financial Controller to work for Enfield based wholesale distribution group
Rapidly expanding Wholesale distribution group based in Enfield ,North London urgently require a dynamic ambitious Financial Controller to Join a busy department . Reporting to the Divisional FD and supervising a small team you will be responsible for all aspects of Financial and Management accounts. and monthly reporting both locally and at group level. Specific duties will include:
- To produce monthly reports , Financial results and commercial support for two companies
- To submit completed month end P&L, Balance Sheet and non financial information for use both by internal management and also in specific format for submission to the European head office
- To provide margin and OPEX (operating expenses) commentary to budget and prior year variances to local management and European Management as requested
- To complete quarterly IMAP and SAP reporting.
- To ensure all Intrastat and VAT reporting is correct.
- To develop reporting systems to assist local management, and to streamline and standardise reporting systems and processes across both entities - in line with European holding company and UK reporting systems.
- To assist with provision of all relevant information to prepare annual tax returns and other tax compliance requirements
- To ensure strict adherence and compliance to Holding company internal control policies and procedures.
Budgeting and Forecasting
To produce the FC1 and FC2 and budget submission files for both companies
- To prepare and collate all sales and margin (by product and by customer information) for inclusion in the budget.
- To populate and phase OPEX budget.
- To prepare all non financial information disclosures.
- To produce all commentary and variance analysis for inclusion in the budget presentation packs.
To provide commercial support to the internal management team. Finance Projects To provide assistance with ad hoc financial projects as required. Quality/Environment & Health & Safety To maintain good standards of health & safety, following all company's safety procedures and rules.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Qualified ACA or ,ACCA who has worked in both the profession and industry with at least 2years post qualification experience
- Strong Financial and Statutory Accounts experience with good technical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS Accounting Standards
- Good experience of producing both Financial and management accounts and monthly analysis and reporting of KPI'S
- Financial modelling - P& L ,Balance Sheet and cash-flow forecasting
- Good staff management skills
- Exposure to a wholesale commercial business environment will be an advantage
- Strong computer skills including SAP and other integrated accounting packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79126101