A Children's Charity based in Dalston, Hackney, are currently seeking a Finance Assistant to join their busy team.
As the Finance Assistant you will operate and manage the purchase ledger function for the charity, manage supplier relationships and strengthen financial awareness throughout the organisation.
Your key responsibilities as Finance Assistant will include the following:-
Key Tasks and Main Duties:
- Manage the day to day operations of purchase ledger from recording invoices, staff expenses and credit cards through to payment by BACS and Cheque
- Ensure all financial coding is accurate
- Monitor and deal with the finance email accounts
- Raise sales invoices where required
- Manage automated purchase order system
- Generate supplier payment runs
- Monthly reconciliation of the creditor’s ledger
- Prepare and input journals where necessary
- Prepare month end reconciliation's for Prepayments
- Assist with systems and process documentation in relation to the purchase ledger and petty cash
- Posting and reconciliation of petty cash. Monitoring petty cash from the student houses
- Office administration duties to include opening the post, ordering supplies and franking machine
- Occasional travel will be required between the Society’s sites in Hackney and Bromley, as required
- Weekly banking of trusts and legacy cheques
- Assist with the management pack of the subsidiary charity
- Ensure that safeguarding policies are adhered to and implemented
- Ensure that equality and diversity principles are embedded in all service delivery
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all the children and young people/vulnerable adults that have contact with the organisation
- Experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively during busy periods
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Willingness to be flexible and assist with other accounts functions as necessary
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with risk
- Results orientated
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy
- Ambition to grow with the role and the Society
- A team player
- Ability to multi-task, re-prioritise and support within the team
- Improvement and innovation orientated
About the Charity
RSBC believes that every blind young person should have the chance to live life without limits.
By giving young people the essential skills to take control of their life, they can unleash their true potential.
Underpinning all of RSBC’s work are values embedded in trust and excellence.
TRUST: Respect & accountability
ENERGY: Straight talking & constantly learning
AMBITION: Confronting reality & driving results
MOTIVATION: Vision Impaired children and young people are our No 1 priority"
How to Apply
Please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided and the Charity will be in direct contact.
Closing date - 22 January 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79124943