Consumer Risk Underwriter
Risk Underwriter - Mortgage - Permanent - Basingstoke
An exciting opportunity to join and help build a brand new Collections and Customer Service team that will support the growth of consumer finance business.
Our client recognise that for many customers, traditional solutions don't cut the mustard. These customers they see as often having high quality assets but unconventional income and so find it difficult to borrow at reasonable rates and on sensible terms. Our client sees experienced buy to let investors, high net worth individuals and business owners needing a lender with imagination and flexibility and that has the risk appetite to go where other lenders won't venture.
- Online assessment and resolution of queries in real time for customers and retailers
- Process credit referrals from point of sale consumers.
- Assess referrals against tolerances and fraud and identity checks
- Making judgements on varying degrees of credit worthiness
- Retail due diligence prior to approval
Experience required for this position needs to be from either insurance, mortgage or consumer underwriting. The experience of consumer underwriting is preferable but not essential. Needed are credit assessment skills with the ability to review credit searches and fraud indicators in order to make informed lending decisions.
Strong array of benefits and a good salary level make this an attractive opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79122508