Technical Sales Engineer
Technical Sales Engineer // Manchester // £25-35K // Full Time // Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferable
My client is a leading a company bringing expertise and market leading products and services to the power industry by listening to customer needs and creating innovative, quality, technical solutions that are sustainable, reliable and long term.
My Client prides themselves on their working culture, as they are a company founded on cooperation and team-work. They offer a relaxed and open working environment allowing for the freedom of expression and creativity which is so important at the cutting edge of technology. It is a forward looking company dedicated to progressing scientific discovery and technological enterprise.
As a growing company my Client is looking to ensure all their customers are supported fully and that they are ahead of the game in reaching potential customers with their industry leading products. The Sales Engineer will focus on business development and support the sales and marketing team in international product promotion. As first point of contact with a potential new customer, they are the face of the company and will be representing the business on the front line, providing excellent customer service they will develop an extensive knowledge of all products and if they don’t know the answer will make use of the company support network to ensure the customer has it as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will have a strong engineering background and will be keen to learn about new technologies and develop their own skill base. My Client is looking for someone who is an enthusiastic individual with excellent communications skills and a proven track record.
With a global customer base, my client needs someone willing to go the extra mile both literally and figuratively speaking. Please note, this role is demanding, varied and rewarding and will require extensive international travel and working unusual hours.
- Development and management of new sales opportunities
- Help grow the business through customer solutions and distributor management
- International customer and distributor visits, delivering training and product demonstrations
- Conducting on site surveys of assets to generate customer quotations
- Working closely with the rest of the sales team to help with marketing strategy for the business
- Develop an extensive knowledge of all the products and services
- Managing all incoming enquiries and answering technical queries
- Conducting market research and business positioning analysis
- Identifying new markets for the company and reviewing existing markets
- Assisting with identification of new product and service opportunities, cost and business case analysis of new products
- Assisting with exhibitions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Skilled in managing and coordinating multiple concurrent projects - to time and on budget.
- A good team player with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent personal and inter-personal skills, including being able to communicate & influence at all levels to ensure progression of high-priority and/or high-visibility tasks.
- Willing to travel internationally for extended periods
- Adaptable and flexible skills whilst working in a busy multi skilled office environment
- Excellent attention to detail and presentation
- Planning and organising skills
- Excellent time management, ability to multi-task
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications
There will be ongoing support, mentoring and training available for this role offered as part of my Client’s Professional Development Programme. If you feel you meet some but not all of the criteria but are enthusiastic about the role, don’t be discouraged from applying. The role can be adapted to the skills you offer and my Client will support your professional development.
Benefits include: Company Pension Plan, Share Options and Annual Bonus Scheme. Flexible working and 25 days annual leave.