Infrastructure Architect - 6 Months FTC
Infrastructure Architect, Technical Architect, Cisco, Hyper-V, VMware, Windows Server, Dell, Wan
My large public sector client is seeking to recruit an interim IT Infrastructure Architect to review its current IT infrastructure and recommend what changes need to be made to ensure the business has an IT infrastructure that is fit for purpose and well aligned with business needs and priorities in the future.
My client is looking for a person with an in-depth specialist knowledge of the areas highlighted below. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the business and their third party partners to carry out a full review of their network and infrastructure to remediate any issues and assist in the design of a stable, corporate infrastructure to support the business over the next three to five years.
This role will be offered on a six month fixed-term-contract at a salary of up to £60,000 per annum. The successful candidate will need to be immediately available.
Overview of the business Infrastructure
The IT Infrastructure includes servers, desktop devices, network devices and cabling within each major site (LAN), the communications links and their terminating devices between major sites (WAN) and the links to the internet. There is a DR Site and a full DR policy that the IT team are responsible for. The business runs a 98% virtualised server infrastructure. The majority of servers run on Hyper V virtualised server environment with storage supplied by an EqualLogic Storage Area Network (SAN) device. In terms of desktop devices there are a number of laptops with local operating systems to a VMware Horizon View virtualised desktop environment, the majority of users access a desktop though a terminal. There are still some physical servers in operation. Nightly back-ups are carried out on and offsite using VEEAM backup and replication.
Cisco and Dell switches / networking WAN Links EqualLogic SAN
VMWare Horizon View Server
Hyper-V Windows Server 2008 / 2012
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of network, desktop and server infrastructure, as listed above
- A strong leader and communicator with a successful record of undertaking similar assignments as an Infrastructure Architect.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to think creatively.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps.
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
- Knowledge of client-server networking and database management
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79016766