If you have a passion for Manufacturing and/or Production and have an excellent Finance pedigree then this could be the role for you! With a competitive market and a senior management team eager to fulfil their ambitions, as well as those of the company, there is challenge aplenty. As such, the new Finance Director will be expected to not only provide robust financial stewardship, but also contribute to, and lead where necessary, on strategic initiatives.
Reporting to the Chairman, and partnering with other members of the Executive team, you will lead on all financial matters and play a valuable role in supporting the growth objectives of the business. Working through your team of 7 you will deliver all financial and management information, as well as drive the overall performance of the business.
The responsibilities are as follows, but not necessarily limited to:
- ongoing development and preparation of the strategic plan, budget and forecasts
- preparation of all monthly financial and management accounts, including the reporting of all costings, analyses and explanation of financial performance
- ensuring appropriate financial and management controls are in place, communicated and effective
- supporting the preparation of capital expenditure proposals
- management of fixed assets and register
- ensuring information systems and technology are adequate for the business, effective, up to date, secure and operational
- management of direct staff ensuring that they are effective and competent to perform their duties
- collection and management and control of cash and credit control
- management of treasury requirements including banking, foreign exchange and risk management in conjunction with the Company Secretary
- ad hoc projects as determined by the Board.
You should be a fully qualified accountant with at least 7-10 years PQE some of which should be from a Manufacturing business (the more recent, the better) in a senior role. This does not necessarily mean as Finance Director as my client is open to those that are currently Finance Directors/Heads of Finance, as much as they are to candidates looking to step up into their first Finance Director position.
The role requires a strategic and examining mindset capable of not only providing valuable insight, but also of identifying areas of strength and weakness. The successful candidate will be able to then prepare feasibility analysis and determine workable solutions whether this be to improve current processes and systems, generate new sales channels or to upskill the workforce.
A well-known and well-regarded Manufacturing business near Leeds with a long history of providing both excellent products and thought leadership to its sector. There is a growth agenda the new Finance Director will be expected to support and deliver.
Salary & Benefits
You will be rewarded with a salary of between £70000 and £85000 (depending on experience) as well as other benefits befitting a senior leadership role.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79116729