Senior Desktop Engineer / Architect
Senior Desktop Engineer / Architect (End User Technology SME)
About Man Group:
Man Group is an active investment management firm focused on delivering performance and client portfolio solutions through its five investment management businesses: Man AHL; Man Numeric; Man GLG; Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. As at 30 September 2017, Man Group's funds under management were $103.5 billion. Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com
We are looking to recruit a Senior Desktop Engineer at Man Group in our London office. The Senior Desktop Engineer will be responsible for planning, architecture, implementation, scalability, Security, advanced support and overall day-to-day management of the Desktop environment.
You will act as a technical authority across multiple technologies evaluating technical proposals and suggesting implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
The team is responsible for the design and ongoing management of the global Windows desktop estate, packaging all Windows 7 / 10 applications using APP-v and standard MSI packages and maintaining associated Infrastructure.
They are also responsible for all design / architecture elements pertaining to the Desktop platform, such as McAfee and Lumension Device Control. The team also manage the Apple MAC estate.
The specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide 3rd line / 4th line support of desktops and laptops for a predominantly Windows-based environment with some Mac laptops (approx. 5%)
- SCCM design and implementation
- Management of the Windows and Mac Desktop estate - Image creation / Deployment / Patching / Remediation and Upkeep
- Citrix Remote access design and implementation
- Group Policy design and implementation
- Automation: creating scripts where possible to improve desktop support processes
- Ensure adherence to architectural and ITIL standards
- Develop innovative solutions for improving the user experience, security, and management of desktops and laptops
- Act as Desktop Subject matter expert (SME) to support strategic initiatives and tactical deployments
- Innovative with willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to juggle multiple, potentially conflicting priorities in high-pressure situations
- Analytical, structured thinker and problem solver
- Strive for continuous improvement, proactive about root cause analysis and long-term viable solutions
We are looking for candidates with a combination of the below knowledge and technical experience:
- Microsoft SCCM 2012 / Current Branch
- VBScript / PowerShell / HTA
- VMWare ESX Server / vRealize Orchestrator
- Knowledge of encryption technologies, BitLocker, Endpoint Encryption etc.
- Windows 10, Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
- Windows Updates / SCUP / WSUS
- Advanced troubleshooting of the Windows desktop: - Deep Event Viewer analysis / PerfMon / WinDBG / SCCM log files.
- Security Patch remediation
- Microsoft SQL Server / Queries / Reporting
- Device Control / AntiVirus Solutions
- Microsoft Group Policy and Profile management
- Windows hardware drivers and how they are integrated into a Desktop Build.
Desirable Knowledge / Technical Experience:
- JAMF Casper Admin Suite
- Apple OSX
- C#, Perl, VB.NET, ASP.NET
- McAfee EPO, Symantec AV
- Applications Re-packaging
- Office 365
- Azure; AWS
- Desired Qualifications: MCSE, CCV-P
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man:
Man Group is committed to providing the best working environment possible for all its employees and, as such, we support professional training and development as well as requests for flexible or part-time working.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments and on-site flu vaccinations. To support our employees' extracurricular interests, we have a music room with a piano and guitars that can be booked by anyone, and we also offer lessons on-site.
Man Group employees receive a daily food allowance, which can be used in our staff restaurant. The restaurant has several theatre-style cooking stations, a sandwich bar and a coffee shop (all of which can cater to special dietary requirements), and free fruit is available from the kitchens on each floor. We also have a subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme with a wide range of discounts, all of which help us to ensure that the firm is a great place to work.
In addition, Man Group sponsors the Man Booker literary prizes and hosts several internal events with the authors to celebrate these awards. The prizes underscore Man Group's charitable focus on literacy and education and together with the wider charitable activities of the Booker Prize Foundation, the prize plays an important role in promoting literary excellence on a global scale that the firm is honoured to support.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79108268