IT Security Analyst - 24/7
Salary: up to £40,000 per annum plus benefits
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Security Analyst (SOC) working within the IT Shared Services (ITSS) Security Operations Centre (SOC) based in Bourneville, Birmingham. You will be part of a team of IT Security professionals delivering services to Internal and External customers. Reporting to the Security Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for daily monitoring and review of security incidents and will provide SME support for incident response activities through identification, containment, eradication and recovery. The SOC operates rotating 24x7 shift work to include daytime, night time and weekend work.
About the role
- Act upon security events, requests and incidents logged in management systems such as Remedy and Assure or reported directly, to ensure that threats, vulnerabilities and breaches are managed to minimise impact to confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data. Attend risk assessments where appropriate to determine and record mitigating actions to identified risks.
- Use SIEM and service reporting tools to monitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviours. Refine and develop dashboards and reports to continuously improve security situational awareness.
- Use security tools and, where appropriate, develop simple scripts to assist with the ongoing analysis of a security event or incident. Perform quarterly network and wireless vulnerability assessments, create service requests with support teams to address weaknesses found and monitor and report on progress. Assist with forensic data capture and analysis under supervision when requested.
- As subject matter expert for operational security, provide advice and guidance to other teams within the business on good practice and maintain relevant and current industry knowledge through publications, events and training.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong IT skills in Windows, Unix/Linux or Networking
- Knowledge using Vulnerability Assessment tools like Nessus, Qualys etc.
- Knowlege using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools like ArcSight, Splunk (big data forensic technologies) etc
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, PKI, Firewalls etc
- Good understanding of IT security principles
- Willingness to work shifts (including unsociable hours and bank holidays where these fall into your shift pattern) as part of a 24x7 team.
At Serco, you are encouraged to take advantage of training courses and to develop your career. You can expect a generous salary of between £35,000 to £50,000 (depending on experience) + together with 25 day’s holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79109033