Senior Engineer - Rail
Senior Engineer - Rail
Up to £40k + Benefits
An opening has become available for a Senior Engineer to join our clients growing Rail team in Richmond, Surrey. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to become part of a growing team and benefit from excellent career development prospects. The Rail Team undertakes an interesting variety of work on Network Rail infrastructure both direct for Network Rail and for third party contractors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An ability to lead design teams in the design of railway structures. Experience of leading design teams in the design of railway, highway or other civil engineering structures will be required.
- An ability to design railway structures to Eurocodes, British Standards and railway group standards. Experience of producing designs to British Standards and Eurocodes will be required. This must have entailed the interpretation of client requirements, project definition and management, production and checking of calculations, structural analysis, preparation of sketches for and working with technicians, and the preparation of accompanying documents.
- An ability to lead others and self in the inspection of civil engineering structures on site. Prior experience of carrying out inspection work will be required.
- An ability to interpret engineering defects to existing structures and to produce technical reports to a high standard.
- An ability to manage and provide mentoring to more junior employees. Experience of doing so will be expected.
- An ability to manage client expectations, attend project meetings with external parties and manage project commercial activities. Experience will be required.
- An ability to promote and develop the business in conjunction with the Directors and other management team personnel.
- A demonstrably excellent standard of written and verbal English.
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles.
- A minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) degree in a relevant subject.
- A relevant professional qualification.
- Substantial relevant experience of carrying out a similar role within a consultancy environment.
- Full UK driving license.
On offer is a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, an annual performance related bonus and real career development prospects.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79111153