Robert half finance and accounting are actively recruiting for a temporary management accountant to support a not for profit organisation in Southampton. The role is being offered as an ongoing temporary assignment and reports directly to the Financial Controller.
With onsite parking the organisation is looking to recruit a management accountant to join a high performing finance team. The ideal candidate will be someone with a can do attitude that has the ability to think and act strategically, with experience at management level. An understanding of the charitable and/or care sectors is desirable.
- Assist in producing monthly financial results for presentation to the Group.
- Preparation of profit and loss account and balance sheet and cash flow statement, and other analysis of financial and operating performance
- Compile cash flows and forecasts to enable effective management of cash balances.
- Account for all projects, producing cash flows and budget v actual reports and monitor business performance against strategic plans / business cases.
- Assist in the development of commercially viable business cases that align with business objectives.
- Provide technical assistance in the design of accounting or reporting systems and related forms and documents.
- Ensure systems are in place to review financial performance across the organisation.
- Produce ad hoc financial reports and other analysis as and when required
- To undertake, any reasonable travelling requirements, in order to fulfil the tasks and responsibilities of the role
- Ad hoc tasks.
The successful management accountant is likely to have had previous experience of working within a busy finance function and be qualified by experience. The ideal candidate will possess excellent people and performance management skills, with the ability to develop and inspire. In addition the successful candidate will be used to working to tight deadlines providing accurate and timely information to a high standard. Advanced Excel is also required.
The role is based in the company's established offices in Southampton. This not for profit organisation is well known and respected.
Salary and Benefits
Up to £17 per hour and onsite parking.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79103903