Credit Control Supervisor - Support Centre
Selco - More than just a Job
Credit Control Supervisor
We're on the lookout for people like us; people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do. Together we aim to ensure that they get top-notch service every time. In fact that's our first core value: Customer first, followed closely by Ambition, Responsibility, Trust and Confidence, Value Individuals and Entrepreneurial spirit. So if these values match yours, you're a perfect fit for Selco.
As the Credit Control Supervisor you will be responsible for the day to day management of the Credit Control Team ensuring that all credit control processes are followed, cash collection maximised and bad debt risk minimised. Provide expert advice to the team for new credit applications by assessing risk and reviewing application processes Support, motivate and develop the Credit Control Team with one to one meetings, clear objectives and appraisals. Identify opportunities for improvement and drive process efficiencies within the function. As with all Head Office roles, you will support the branch network, providing a comprehensive credit control service.
- Proven experience as a Credit Control Manager or Supervisor, ideally CICM qualified or studying
- Practical experience of assessing risk for new customers and dealing with debt collection strategies.
- Strong track record of motivating, mentoring and developing colleagues
- An enthusiasm for continuous improvement and supporting change
- Strong organisation and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of financial / double-entry
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Good Excel skills for reporting (e.g. Pivot tables and Look-Ups)
- Supervise a team of 6 credit controllers / credit administrators, providing clear guidance around objectives and priorities
- Encourage, motivate and develop team performance through regular KPIs, 1-2-1s, development reviews and appraisals
- Manage the timely collection of all debts in accordance with agreed credit terms
- Ensure robust credit risk analysis for new customer applications. Support the business with commercial decisions on credit limits
- Ensure that cash allocation processes are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Proactive review of credit processes, ways of working with a view to drive efficiency.
- Deal with complex escalated queries or disputes, liaising directly with customers, branches and debt collection agencies as necessary
- Produce and review month-end KPI reports on a timely basis, highlighting main points
- Complete financial journals accurately and timely
- Support implementation and ongoing utilisation of new credit workflow tool
- Demonstrate professional relationship with the branch network, providing feedback for issues identified
We're getting bigger by the year, and with new branches exploding into action nationwide, a brand new online purchase & delivery service and a click & collect service Selco is a proven market leader. The opportunities for professional growth and development are immense and we actively support internal advancement through a fully developed and supported career path.
We offer a huge range of Company benefits including a competitive salary, profit-based bonus scheme, share save scheme childcare vouchers, thousands of retail discounts and offers, a company pension scheme, Cycle to Work and free Life Assurance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79097158