E-Commerce Merchandiser Marketplace Trader
Working with the E-commerce team, the Marketplace Trader role supports the growth and optimisation of the trading on our marketplace channels on eBay and Amazon, providing end to end ownership of their categories.
A leading online bathroom retailer for several years now, operating from a buzzing HQ in the West Midlands. My client has won a number of UK awards such as 2012 National Online Business of the Year winner.
To ultimately deliver the right message in the right way, at the right time, to maximise sales by using their visual merchandising, analytical and trading skills. To always put the customer first when understanding the implications of problems and determining the solutions.
- Creating and delivering channel specific trading strategies with the support of the Trading Manager
- Maintaining channel account selling status and feedback
- Managing selling prices and automated repricing in line with category target margins with guidance from the Buying team
- Managing and planning promotional activity and targeted campaigns
- Liaising with internal and external teams to maintain key relationships
- Continually optimising listings to increase traffic and improve conversion
- Monitoring the market to understand marketplace trends and our share within this by category and subcategory level
- Monitoring and reacting to competitor activities
- Looking for new opportunities within marketplace and forecasting of new products with support from the Buying and Merchandising team
- Responsible for ensuring new products are launched on time with the right content
- Managing FBA process in conjunction with the Merchandising and Logistics team
- Present in quarterly range reviews with your relevant category team
- Manage and coach the Online Assistant Visual Merchandiser/ Product Admin
- Contribute to the development and implementation of key process/ system changes in the business
- Managing the sell through of discontinued lines on site with the support of the Buying and Merchandising team by utilising key VM and pricing practice.
- Understand and utilise the insight from the Analytics/ Merchandising team along with the marketplace data with the creative needs of the brand, products and markets to deliver a strategy that helps to achieve KPIs, sales, productivity, and profit.
- Understand and be part of the commercial and creative strategies of the websites with the support of the Online Trading Manager
- Deputise for the Online Trading Manager when required
- Passionate about E-commerce
- Coaching and leadership skills
- Previous experience of managing marketplace channels
- Able to prioritise regularly and efficiently
- Able to manage different types of products
- Good excel skills
- Strong communicator
- Organised with good time management skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced environment
- A 'can do' attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
competitive salary + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79076388