Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
Two roles, 1 X Accounts Payable Clerk & 1 X Senior Accounts Payable Clerk.
Immediate start roles, expected to last for approx 5 months, based in North Bristol.
Our client is a well known, national brand, based in North Bristol.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Accounts Payable Clerk are as follows;
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers
- Provide advice to colleagues regarding AP processes and requirements
- Enter invoices onto the accounting system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Draw upon skills and experience to provide guidance and support to junior team members.
- Query Resolution - investigating and resolving issues relating to invoice queries
- Resolution of both in-depth and basic supplier invoice queries
The key responsibilities of the junior Accounts Payable Clerk are as follows;
- Process high volumes of invoices with a high level of accuracy
- Statement reconciliations and closing down of cost accruals
- Communicate with external suppliers on a range of matters and liaise with internal members of staff and management to resolve any issues
The successful candidate for the Senior Accounts Payable Clerk will be;
- Highly experienced in an Accounts Payable position
- High level of IT Literacy, preferably with experience using SAP or Oracle
- High level of Excel skills to include lookup functions and pivot tables
The successful candidate for the Junior Accounts Payable Clerk will demonstrate;
- Proactive approach to resolving issues and ability to follow best practise
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to prioritise workload and re-prioritise where necessary
- Understanding of basic accountancy principles
- High level of attention to detail
The successful candidate for the Junior role will receive an hourly rate equivalent to a salary between £18,000 & £19,000.
The successful candidate for the Senior role will receive an hourly rate equivalent to a salary between £20,000 & £22,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79088872