Systems Administrator // Manchester // £25-30K // Full Time
My client is currently recruiting for the position of Systems Administrator. You will be a key member of the Product Development and Support teams ensuring that the operation of all the companies IT both internal and external is kept running efficiently and effectively.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to get involved with the development of my client’s products providing support to both the Manufacturing and Services teams with production and testing of systems as well as commissioning of these. With a global customer base, this can mean travelling around the world to help directly on the installation and commissioning.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a busy customer focused environment and be keen to learn about new technologies and develop their own skill base. They are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic individual with excellent communications skills.
- Establish and maintain an internal ticket system to handle software/IT requests.
- Deal with appropriate software/IT requests.
- Filter tasks down to the appropriate software team member.
- Monitoring and updating the internal phone network.
- Maintaining the existing email system.
- Helping to maintain the existing computer network.
- Helping to provide software solutions for existing issues and future developments.
- Actively review and optimise existing server side packages.
- Liaising with the software team to help develop existing products.
- Deployment and administration of the following packages:
Munin (server monitoring software)
Asterisk (VOIP telephony, including automatic provisioning of SNOM phones)
Hardware support including specifying and building desktops and servers
Advanced server and SAN/NAS configuration including RAID / LVM / Fibre / SAS / zfs
- Troubleshoot and fix a variety of monitor problems.
- Bespoke ASM firewall and network configurations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of managing Linux and Windows environments
- Demonstrable experience with networking and system configurations
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and individually
- Ability to prioritise workload and achieve objectives
- Diligent and thorough attitude to work
There will be ongoing support, mentoring and training available for this role offered as part of my client’s Professional Development Programme.
Benefits include: Company Pension Plan, Share Options and Annual Bonus Scheme. Flexible working and 25 days annual leave.
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.