Purchase Ledger Assistant
We have a fantastic opportunity for three Purchase Ledger Assistants to work for a well-established Blue Chip organisation who are one of the UK's leading suppliers within their sector.
Joining an existing finance team who are responsible for business accounts, this is an excellent opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Assistant to work for a progressive organisation.
The company offers 28 days holiday, discount across all their brands, pension plan and yearly bonus scheme.
The Purchase Ledger Assistants will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the processing of invoices and credit notes for a number of allocated suppliers using the allocated systems
- Identify and reconcile invoice queries
- Liaise with other departments and suppliers regarding any queries that arise, in an efficient, polite and professional manner
- Ensure credit notes are obtained from the supplier where applicable
- Ensure supplier accounts and queries are kept as up to date as possible, using the reporting tools available and liaising with external and internal personnel where necessary
- Raise and process payments under the authority of the ledger supervisor / senior assistant
- Reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis
- Process reports such as aged summary or goods receiving reports on a monthly basis
- The ideal candidates for the Purchase Ledger Assistant roles will have previous experience within Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable. However candidates with the right qualities but less experience will also be considered.
- Strong Microsoft, Word, Excel skills
- Good organisation and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience within sales ledger / credit control would be also be advantageous to assist during busy periods / holidays
This role would also suit candidates with the following experience: Accounts Payable, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Finance Administrator or Finance Assistant.
The Purchase Ledger role is based in Crewe and is commutable from Sandbach, Nantwich, Kidsgrove, Talke, Alsager.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Salary: £17,500 per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78927882