Technical Team Leader
Technical Services Team Leader, £55,000, Chippenham
My client is looking for a Technical Services Team Leader to join their dynamic team. Based out of the main office in Chippenham you will be responsible for a team of 8 individuals of varying skill sets and abilities. You will be responsible for the planning, acquisition, deployment and operation of the underpinning technical infrastructure that includes (but is not limited to) CITRIX, and Microsoft server technologies, Storage Area Networks, Enterprise Backup Systems and Oracle & MS SQL databases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cross functional liaison to ensure that new projects and services are delivered to agreed times, quality and budget.
- Evaluate new technologies and services and establish a 'strategic' roadmap that identifies the product lifecycle and refresh opportunities
- Evaluate new technologies for suitability to the clients business need. Produce appropriate proposal documents and Initiate the procurement of hardware, software and services for any implementation.
- Manage allocation and prioritisation of tasks for staff. Prepare training plans for team and support staff in their day to day activities. Complete bi-annual and annual performance and development reviews. Ensure the appropriate resources are available to provide a certainty of delivery for the business
- Effectively supervises technical personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in programs, policies, and procedures.
- Trains, directs, and coordinates personnel.
- KPI's / OLA's & SLA's are in place & delivered to
- Risk Management - Information and equipment are secure.
- Good business relations exist with clients, vendors
Skills and Attributes
- experience with MS Windows Administration
- Experience of Oracle & MS SQL Server
- Experience and understanding of Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP
- Experience of CITRIX, VMWare, AIX, MS Windows Operating Systems
- Experience of Storage Area Network Technologies
- Practical working knowledge of ITIL, COBIT & TOGAF frameworks
- Strong Project Management skills
To discuss this role further please contact Alex Palmer at Robert Half Technology.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78937231