Technical Design Lead - Integrated and Smart Travel
Technical Design Lead - Integrated and Smart Travel - smart travel, smart ticketing, smart cards, RTPI, Real-time passenger information, transport and rail, solutions architect, technical design
Manchester - Salary circa £55,000 per annum (2 year fixed-term / secondment)
My client, are looking for a Technical Design Lead to provide technical design services for the Integrated and Smart Travel programme, producing the functional design requirements for all projects and procured services; providing technical design review and assurance to ensure successful programme delivery.
The post holder will be responsible for understanding client requirements, translating these into functional specifications and requirement documentation, supporting successful contracting to the satisfaction of the client and the Business Design Authority Lead, and in accordance with our defined processes, standards and prevailing regulatory demands.
- Significant previous experience in the technical design of ticketing, information and payment services
- Previous experience at senior programme delivery level
- Previous experience of managing a technical design function
- Significant practical and technical experience within successful complex change programmes across the whole change lifecycle
- Demonstrable evidence of negotiation and influencing skills across a range of colleagues with different levels of seniority and skills
- Demonstrable evidence of effective Relationship Management skills and techniques across the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Demonstrable evidence of strong decision making, integrity and LeadershipAbility to effectively shape the design within a complex and dynamic programme including Design Studies, Quick Win delivery and potential for disruptive technological advances
- Ability to design and communicate a standard design process to ensure the interoperability, quality control, and integration of all project components and designs
The closing date for this position is Wednesday 23rd January. Therefore, if you feel you have the requisite knowledge and skills, please email your CV in the first instance as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this fantastic opportunity. For more information you can contact James on or james.spence-.